Monday, August 16, 2010

Google Maps

I found Google maps to be one of the more interesting tools that we explored, though extremely time consuming. After searching google for ways to use Google Earth in the classroom, I came across this interesting SlideShare... Perfect! So I experimented with a couple of these activities myself though not in the classroom yet.


This is a screen capture of the book We all went on safari by Laurie Krebs which is one of the many LitTrip's available to explore and is mentioned in the slide share


This is a screen capture of Parliament House in Canberra the Year 7 students in my prac class are currently doing a unit on Government and my mentor teacher brought this image up on the smart board to give a students a scope of how big it really is. The image brought about questions that probably would not have been asked if a simple photograph was shown to them. It was an interesting discussion that lead to other areas that the teacher actually wished to cover about the history of our nation's federation. I must admit I learnt things myself that I had not previously known about the topic.

Because Google Earth is updated Learning Managers can be assured that the information is current

No comments:

Post a Comment